COVID-19 VENDOR INFORMATION:
Please review the following guidelines carefully so that we can ensure a safe market for all. Please also familiarize yourself with the guidelines outlined by the CDC and the Georgia Department of Health.
- Please wear a mask and provide hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol content) at your booth
- No samples of any kind allowed.
- All booths will be spaced further apart to allow for safe social distancing for shoppers and vendors.
- All vendors must use hand sanitizer between transactions.
- We prefer all orders to be pre-paid prior to Sunday pick up. If this is not possible, please limit cash and credit card transactions to a minimum and process as quickly as possible. We highly encourage cashless transactions.
- If a customer is shopping at your booth, please bag items for customers, then put the bag down and let customer pick up bag. Avoid any hand to hand contact.
- Anyone who is feeling unwell should stay home – employees must be sent home if they exhibit internal body temperature of 100.4 °F or higher.
- Any vendor who is at higher risk, including individuals over 65 with underlying health conditions, should consider staying home.
- Vendors may begin setting up at 9 am on Sunday. You may bring your typical set up (table, tent, signage, etc…)The market opens at 10am Vendors MUST be ready to serve customers at that time.
- Vendors are asked to park in the Little Tree Studios parking lot after set up.
2020 Avondale Estates Farmers Market General Vendor Information
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ANY NEW APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2020 SEASON
Guidelines to consider before contacting us:
- We do not wish to duplicate products already available at the market please check to be sure we do not have a similar product already available.
- You must comply with all requirements set forth by Dept. of Health, Dept of Agriculture as well as carry general and product liability insurance if you sell edibles.
- Products will be chosen based on what is best for the market overall.
- A $25 non-refundable application fee is due for all new vendors before applications will be reviewed.
All vendors are required to read and agree to the following:
Market Site and Parking
The Avondale Estates Farmers Market is located in the parking lot of My Parent’s Basement (22 N. Avondale Road, Avondale Estates, GA 30002). Please unload and then park in the Little Tree Art Studio parking lot (2834 Franklin Street).
Market Opening and Market Check-In
Market participants may arrive starting at 9:00 am. Market check-in will begin at 9:15 am. Market Manager will be located in the parking lot to welcome participants and communicate booth location. A market map will be sent either Friday or Saturday for reference but sometimes last minute shifts need to happen. Market Manager will relay any changes.
Vendors are required to provide their own 10x10 tent, table, and sign, trash bag, trash can, hand sanitizer, cleaners and paper towels. We also highly recommend bringing some sort of weight to keep your tent secure.
Market Manager will collect booth fees towards the end of the market. If payment has been forgotten it must be received on the next Market day. Repeated lack of payment will impact eligibility.
New Vendor Application Fee $25. This fee is non-refundable. Applications will not be reviewed until the fee is paid.
Vendors need to notify us if they are not attending the market by Thursday at 5pm. For cancellations made after the deadline, the Participant will be responsible for the weekly fee. Communication needs to be sent to the market e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) (please do not use personal cell phones, Facebook or other social media to communicate cancellations).
Vendors who arrive after 9:30 am on Sunday may be asked to give up their space. Repeated late arrivals or no shows (without contacting a market manager) may result in a $25 fee and the Participant being ineligible to participate in the remainder of the market season. Vendors receive one waived fee in cases of emergency per market season.
End of the Market Day
The market closes at 1pm. All Market Participants must begin packing up to leave the site beginning at the close of market, but may continue to sell as they load. Participants are required to clean stall space, remove all recyclables, trash and debris, and leave the site as soon as possible after the close of market, but in no event later than 1:30pm.
The market is open rain or shine. Market Participants should be prepared for the Market to remain open in inclement weather. Participant’s may bring and use side panels for tents in the event of rain, and weights for tents in the event of high winds.
Market Management may cancel or close the market early if Market Management determines that the weather poses a risk to the safety of the Participants or customers. We will not collect the Weekly Fees for a Market day that is cancelled before the Market opens. We will post our status on Facebook and send an email the morning of the Market. It is the Participant’s responsibility to check for updates in these places.
In the event of a sudden weather emergency, we ask you to collect your cash box, secure your tent and go inside the building. All shoppers will be asked to go inside the building as well.
The Market reserves the right to have members of Market Management, or their designees, visit any Market Participant’s business or production location at any time. Each Market Participant agrees to provide access to such individuals upon their request. Failure to provide access upon request shall be sufficient basis for exclusion of the participant from Market participation.
Firearms or weapons are not permitted in the Market. Smoking is not permitted in the Market. The possession or use of drugs is not permitted in the Market. Any actions or behavior that is determined by Market Management to involve visible intoxication or disruptive behavior on the part of any Market Participant or their staff will subject the Market Participant and/or such staff to immediate expulsion from the Market and, potentially, termination of the Market Participant’s future participation in the market.
Vendor Dog Policy
All vendor dogs must be on leash and kept safely away from the public at all times. Please clean up after your pets. Market staff has the authority to ban vendor dogs from the market for any reason.
Policies and Procedures
All Market Participants shall help maintain the integrity of the Avondale Estates Farmers Market by upholding these Policies and Procedures. Complaints regarding violation of rules may be referred verbally or in writing to Market Management for resolution. Penalties for violations may include a verbal warning, written warning, or expulsion. A Participant who receives three written warnings for violations listed above or any activities that compromises Market safety or integrity will be expelled from the Market for the season. In addition, the Market Manager shall have the right to have anyone immediately removed from the Market if the Market Manager determines that the person poses a safety risk to the Market, its customers, its Participants or Market personnel. If violations of the Policies and Procedures result in expulsion, no refund of fees will be made.
By attending the Avondale Estates Farmers Market, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded. Your attendance constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with the Avondale Estates Farmers Market and you waive any and all rights to any royalties, commissions or other compensation and any and all rights of publicity or privacy that you may have, now or in the future, related to the use or exploitation of such content. You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent and waiver given by you by entering the Avondale Estates Farmers Market. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not attend the market.
Additional questions or concerns can be sent to the board at email@example.com